Spring Break Adventures in Cabarrus County
Thank you Cabarrus County Convention & Visitors Bureau for sponsoring this post!
5 things to do in Cabarrus County for spring break:
Given that we are literally about 3 hours from Cabarrus County, we were so excited to explore an amazing county just a few miles from home. Cabarrus County is an affordable, family‐friendly destination offering everything from history, shopping and entertainment to adrenaline experiences. During spring break, we were able to do just that! Here are our 5 things to do the next time you’re in Cabarrus County.
1. SLEEP: When considering hotels with a large family, space and amenities are key to success. We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Concord and it was hands down the best hotel for our squad. Amenities include the following: WIFI, basketball court, a pool, FREE breakfast and I’m not talking continental. Specifically, we had the 2 Queen bedroom suite which includes a fully equipped kitchen, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes, a table and a separate living room with a pull-out sofa bed. The staff was so patient, and everyone was extremely helpful. I look forward to visiting again because the location, service, and room was THAT GOOD.
2. PLAY: Since we have 4 kids under the age of 10, we had to make sure that they were able to be themselves so here are some fun adventures that you and your kiddos would love: SEA LIFE Aquarium was truly a treat. The kids really had a blast, Axel was so intrigued by all of the sea creatures. Not only do they have a touch pool, but they also give behind the scenes tours. This was one of the coolest thing’s I’ve experienced and seeing the looks on all of the kids’ faces made it all worthwhile. Another cool adventure was Reed Gold Mine, now I will say this was our first time mining for gold and it was so fun! Jagger actually found 2 gold flakes in one bin which is not common and Maveric found a gold flake as well. I highly suggest wearing clothes that you don’t mind getting a little messy when you visit.
3. SHOP: Concord Mills is the place to shop, with over 200 places to shop you’re guaranteed to find something for everyone in the family. Lucky for us, the Easter bunny was visiting so the kids were able to get their Easter picture taken and Axel did not cry! The most popular store in our kids’ opinion was the Lionel Retail Store. We were mesmerized by the amazing model trains, they make the perfect gift. The kids loved seeing Thomas and the Polar express because those are memories that they participate in every year.
4. EAT: Being that we were in such a high traffic location we were able to eat at the kids’ favorite spots; Chipotle of course, Olive Garden and also make sure that you try some pizza from the local favorite Alino. If you’re looking for something local, the Destination & Motorsports Guide has you covered. It includes all of Cabarrus County’s restaurants and notes which ones are independently-owned.
5. SEE: Be sure to stop by the Cabarrus County Visitor Center to get the 411 on all there is to do and you can win a cool prize while you’re there! The Cabarrus County Visitors Center is a resource for travelers to make the most of their visit and explore all that Cabarrus County has to offer. One of my favorite adventures was taking the Over the Wall tour at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Listen this was honestly the coolest tour, not only did we ride around the tracks at ridiculous speeds ( approx. 75MPH in a van felt like 100MPH) we also were able to tour the press box, winners circle, and so much more. I highly recommend this to everyone, and car seats are allowed but keep in mind it’s 2 hours long so just Maveric, Elle and I went on this adventure.
Well I hope you enjoyed this super fun spring break recap of our amazing adventures in Cabarrus County! Cabarrus County is known as “Where Racing Lives,” home to unmatched motorsports attractions you won’t find anywhere else. Be sure to read all more about Cabarrus County , so that you can plan your next family trip. Comment below and let me know where you want to take your kiddos! Until next time…