5 family friendly places to visit while in town for MommyCon!
With the excitement of MommyCon right around the corner for Charlotte, I wanted to share five places to visit that are #HWTHApproved while you're in town for MommyCon. Some of you maybe asking, what is MommyCon? MommyCon is an amazing conference that truly celebrates natural parenthood. I love that they celebrate holistic health, self-care and so many other positive attributes. So with that being said, snag some tickets here and be sure to use code HWTH18 to save 10 check out our top five:
- Discovery Place- If you're looking for a place to let the kids truly let out their energy, this is the place. From STEM to rain forests, you and your little ones will love it here. You will be able to truly interact here with hands on learning experiences as well as play spaces for the little ones. There are so many exhibits for kids of all ages.
2. Carowinds- If you're into thrills, then Carowinds is the place to be! Just like all amusement parks, you and your family can indulge in roller coasters, family rides, pools, and games galore.
If you have a preschoolers ages 3-5, then you're in for a treat! Carowinds now offers a new program that allows preschoolers to enjoy the park for FREE! Check out details for the Pre- K pass here.
3. Imagine On If you're looking for something free, then this is the place for you. The Imagine On center is a library and theater rolled up into one. There is somethings for all ages, even a loft for teens. Be sure to check the schedule of events, there is always something happening here.
4. Lazy 5 Ranch This place is a total gem, that is IF you like animals. You have the option to take a wagon ride, or see the animals in the comfort of your own car. Camels, Kangaroos, and rhinos oh my! You and your family will be entertained by several animals. And the best part is feeding them. Be sure to bring cash, as cards are not accepted.
5. Pelican's Snowball Last but not least, one of my families favorite and very in-expensive treats are snowballs, from Pelican. With 100 flavors, the possibilities are endless. One thing I love about Pelican's are the prices, ranging from $2-$5. With such amazing prices you might want to get another, no judgement here! Be sure to enjoy a quick game of corn hole and take pictures in front of the signature pastel building. I personally enjoy marshmallows added to my snowballs.
I hope that you're able to enjoy one of our favorite places in what we call the Queen City. Charlotte is what I will always call my 2nd home, I truly miss living there but in the mean time I enjoy my weekend getaways in the city. Don't forget to ge a ticket for MommyCon here and be sure use our code HWTH18 to save 10% Until next time...