Staycation with the Harrells
Last Monday the kids (minus Jagger) and I enjoyed a wonderful staycation at the Kimpton Cardinal Hotel here in downtown Winston. Since opening, we have driven by the hotel on a daily basis during Elle's commute to school. Since one of my friends has an apartment in the building I was able to get a little inside look at this amazing establishment. I've heard so many great things about the Kimpton properties like having a gold fish in your room, cool record players and so much more. Upon arrival we were greeted with the craziest rain storm which lead to utilizing their amazing valet service. Once we made it inside the kids enjoyed a refreshing cup of apple infused water. In true Harrell form the first thing the kids wanted to do when they got to the room was too "test" out the beds with the ultimate jump party.
The beds passed the test and were baby Axel approved! Since it was raining so much we opted to stay indoors and order pizza as well as enjoyed some awesome amenities the hotel had to offer like an adult size "playground" that was equipped with a 2 story tunnel slide.
Finding the the slide was the highlight of our evening. As you can see Maveric truly enjoyed this, it was a 4 year old's dream. In addition to the slide we were able to go bowling, some how Maveric ended up beating Elle. The adult playground was a total life saver with the storm we had going on outside, they were able to have the time of their lives on the inside.
Here are some of the amenities of the hotel :
- Complimentary Wi-Fi for Kimpton Karma Rewards guests
- Pet-friendly accommodations free of weight and size restrictions and no additional fees
- Nightly hosted evening wine hour from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- In-room dining from The Katharine Sunday-Thursday until 10 PM + Friday-Saturday until 11 PM
- A yoga mat in every guest room and yoga mat roll-out service available upon request
- In-room spa services for private, full-service day spa services
- 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center
- Bowling alley, basketball, ping pong and more in the lower level recreation center
- Complimentary morning coffee and tea
- Essential travel items, available upon request
We will definitely be staying again, the only thing we did not have was the gold fish I requested. Unfortunately they died before our arrival but we were told that they "should" have new ones by the time we stayed. That request fell through but the staff and the hotel gets 4 stars in our books. Until next time....